Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Making Changes Taking Risks

So recently someone asked me "how do you move through past old hurts?". My Answer: "Do something different."
Generally people live from a place of fear from something that happened in thier past - well that is why it's called past - it's over. Now of course if you want to continue having the same experiences, then by all means continue the same behavior and you will get just that, the same experiences! Here's a thought, try something new. When a situation presents itself, try a new reaction.
If you want something to happen in your life, don't wait for the fairy godmother to blast it into your life. Take the appropriate step to get the ball rolling. If you want to go on a vacation, you don't just sit around and think about it and then one day get up and go. You plan - making the arrangements. Same with all the things you want in life. If you want a job, you search the papers, fill out applications, go on interviews and then get hired. If you want a new car, you research the different kinds, test drive different ones, look at prices, etc... then you go make the choice of which one and buy it. This prinicipal is applied in so many different areas of our outside world, try applying them to your inside world. If you want to experience more peace of mind, then take a look at your life. Where is there too much stress? How can you change that? I really dislike when someone says, but I don't know how - hey try anything new to move through it, you will find what works for you - no one else can do it for you.
Last week Dr Mark Vierra (my great minister) suggested we do one spiritual practice with diligence. Pray daily, Meditate daily, Yoga, Write, Sing and Dance around the house - whatever it is that makes your heart sing and get connected with your inner self. Get connected to your Spiritual Source. When we feel alone and sad, we are not alone - Spirit is always with us. When we FEEL that connection we are able to walk through fears of the past. We're able to grow and have new experiences.
I always teach to lead with your heart - is it scary? Hell Yes - Is it worth it? Hell Yes! I stepped out of my comfort zone last week - just but something out there in the world and you know I had 2nd thoughts about it, but it worked out fine. I got a different reaction because I was coming from an honest loving place without any expectations. And it didn't even turn out the way I was hoping, but that was ok, because I saw past the outcome to the bigger picture - I just healed a part of my life that had been broken for a long time, which allowed me to move forward and open myself up to more new experiences. How cool is that?
I'll end with this - Love Love Love, it is the most important thing you will ever do. The most important person you must love first, is yourself.
Be well my friends! Namaste - Suz

No comments: